Erb Inspections, Inc. P: (570) 827-3474
P: (570) 404-2327
174 Water Tower Road, Suite 1
Lawrenceville, PA 16929
P: (570) 827-2431
F: (570) 827-3475
Do I Need A Permit?
Forms & Guides
Inspections Services
Mansfield Borough
Professional Help Links
Contact Us
GHS Dropbox

Click here to run Do I Need a Building Permit

Residential Building Permit Requirements
The Following Items DO Require A UCC Building Permit

·         New  Dwellings/Homes

·         Any addition to or demolition of a dwelling

·         Any structure less than 3’ away from another structure

·         Any structure more than 3’ away from another structure that is 1000 square feet or more. (Such as garages, sheds, and pole barns etc.)

·         New or used single wide & double wide homes.

·         Fences over 6’ high.

·         Retaining Walls over 4’ high.

·         Decks 30” or more above grade

·         Any Porch (deck or patio with roof)

·         Swimming pools of any type that hold more than 24” of water.

·         Alterations that make structural changes or change the means of egress *AS PER ACT 92 of 2004* (means of egress is rearranging space)

o   New Door Opening    

o   Change window location or size

o   Add wall

·         Child day-care facilities providing services for more than 4 children.

·         Change of Use. (Such as add apartment or open office to employees or public etc.)


Commercial Building Permit Requirements
The Follow Items DO NOT Require a UCC Building Permit
* Churches ARE Commercial Buildings

·         Installation of Aluminum or Vinyl Siding

·         Painting, Papering, Floor Covering, Cabinetry, and Similar Finishing Work

·         Moveable Cases, Counters and Partitions 69” or less in height

·         Anything Else Please Call and Ask



*This is not a complete list if you are still unsure please call us at 570-827-3474
someone is always in the office to answer questions Monday-Friday 8AM to 4PM



         Building Inspection Request                 Electrical Inspection Request      
  Home | About | Applications | Forms & Guides | Inspection Services | Municipalities | Links | Professional Help| Employment | EmployeesCustomer Feedback | Contact Us